Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tip Tuesday #4 and #5


So I totally missed last weeks tip. I got it on Facebook and I wrote it up on here but never actually published it.

Give me a break. I'm a stay at home mom and some times things happen.

Boston is feeling not so great today so today has been a little hard as well. But that won't stop me! I WILL get last week and this week's tip posted. And actually... they go hand in hand!

So last week on Facebook, I gave everyone a little tip about the best way to pluck eyebrows.

I use to pluck my eyebrows when I was younger. I HATED getting them waxed. Especially since you usually had to pluck a few in the end anyways. Well, I wish I had known this little tip when I would pluck. Probably would have made things a little easier. 

TIP TUESDAY: TIP #4

Image via ThinkStock

Hold off on plucking your eyebrows until right after (or even during) a hot shower. I'm sure you've heard that heat helps open your pores and that is exactly what you need to help ease the pain.

So whether you keep a mirror in your shower and pluck your eyebrows or pluck right after you've been in a hot shower (or bath), plucking when your pores are wide open will help reduce any pain that may happen.

Super simple. But a great way to avoid any unnecessary pain.



Now that we've done last week's tip.... you probably want to hear THIS week's tip!

I said they go hand in hand... and you'll see why in a second.

Younique has an AMAZING face wash. I honestly have loved every second of it. If I decided to stop wearing all makeup all together, (Younique or not), I would STILL use Awake Facial Cleanser and Brilliant Moisturizer. They are my FAVORITE products that we carry.

But I will tell you more about them some other time.

TIP TUESDAY: Tip #5

How do you wash your face? In the morning? At night? In the shower? In the sink? With the hose in the backyard? (I sure hope not)

Image via ThinkStock
First off... no one does this. Who wants water all over the place? Really?
I remember when I was about 12 years old, I was at a church function and we had some older girls teach us about properly applying makeup. One thing they said always stuck out to me.

"When you wash your face, always use warm-hot water."

Now not scolding hot but not too close to being cold. You want the water to be pleasantly warm. Do you know why? (this is where last week's tip is related)

You want to open up your pores! LET THOSE SUCKERS BREATH!

Closed Clogged Pores
A big reason that we get acne is because our pores get clogged up. People think that just washing your face is good enough. They don't care what product they use or how often or even the water temp. Washing your face is washing your face, right?

Wrong.

I'm not going to tell you that Younique's facial wash is the only kind that anyone should use. But I will tell you. Do not use a bar of soap. Please, please, please. When you use soap in a solid form, it actually clogs your pores more. You only want liquid soap when washing your face. (I actually don't use bar soap at all no matter what or where I'm using it)

Here is my routine:

As I'm getting ready for bed, I do the norm.

Get in pjs, Go potty, take my contacts out.

Then
  1. I always wet my face with warm-hot water.
  2. I get a small amount of Awake Facial Cleanser and massage it on my face in circular motion for about 60 seconds.
  3. I then wash my face with warm-hot water again (making sure to get all soap off).
  4. PAT dry my face. Do not rub your face with a towel. Ever. That agitates your skin and will cause irritation.
  5. Lastly, I apply one pearl and some gel of Brilliant Moisturizer on my face.
Super simple but it helps my face feel so clean and fresh!

I've been told that you should always apply cool water to your face afterwards to then close your pores. But I just let the coolness of my moisturizer do that. If you do not use something like that, I would suggest just wetting your face with cool water.

Like I said in part 4, please do not rub your face with a towel. Your face is a very precious part of your body and you do not want irritation.

I know this was a super long one but I take my skin very seriously. I want everyone to know how important it is to take care of your face! Like I said before, if I ever stopped wearing makeup for some reason that I honestly don't know, I would ALWAYS wash my face still.

I hope I helped some understand better how to take care of their skin. All of this can be applied to anywhere on your body. Your face isn't the only part of skin you have.

Do you have a blog about makeup or other beauty supplies? Have a beauty tip to share? Are you interested in becoming part of Younique by Emily's Tip Tuesday? Shoot me a message or email me at youniquebyemily@gmail.com. Give your name and a short description of what you do, then leave a link to your tip and you may be featured on Tip Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment